Last update: July 31, 2014 08:47 AM
July 22, 2014
Work on the JavaServer Faces 2.3 Specification has begun. According to the specification summary:
This JSR aims to improve the clarity of the existing JavaServer Faces
(JSF) specification and introduce a small, targeted set of new features
as directed by community contribution.
To summarize, JSF 2.3 will target small scale new features, community driven improvements, and platform integration.
Summary of features from the JSR text:
- Ajax method invocation: Ability to make direct CDI method invocations from Ajax
- Multi-field validation
- Ability to @Inject FacesContext
- EL Performance Optimizations
- Cross-form Ajax Clarifications
- Platform Integration: Ability to leverage platform features from Java EE 8 and Java SE 8
Q3 2014 Expert Group formed
Q1 2015 Early Draft
Q3 2015 Public Review
Q4 2015 Proposed Final Draft
Q3 2016 Final Release
Specification leads: Edward Burns and Manfred Riem
JSR Text: https://java.net/downloads/javaserverfaces-spec-public/JSF_2_3/PreJsrFiling/20140706-jsf23-jsr.txt
Follow @jsf_spec on Twitter for JSF 2.3 updates.